Saturday, October 31, 2009

Coming Home

I have made the decision to return to England, actually I made the decision in May but I guess it is only now sinking in that I will be leaving. I will be leaving in July/August of next year, 2010, after spending 3 years here in Brazil. When I first made the decision I was worried I had made a mistake, I enjoy my life here, experiencing a different culture and language, work is such a pleasure and I have learnt so much, I really will be leaving a different person. I thought I had made the wrong decision but now 5 months on I know I have not.

My brother has just been to visit, and him being here once again reminded me how much I miss my family and friends. I spend 11 long months here, if I am lucky I receive 1 or 2 guests a year but it is not possible for everybody to make the trip. I can count on my two hands how many days I have spent with my sister and best friend in the last 2 years. It is time to go home, at least for a while, to spend time with the people who are very important in my life, I have learnt this in my 2 years here.

I have made the right decision, but boarding the plane to Rio to spend some much needed holiday with my brother, I could not help but wonder how I will feel when I board that last plane home.

No comments: