Monday, February 15, 2010

Tropical Storm: Part Two

Second night in a row and there is a storm overhead. Tonight it did not even wait for darkness and there was no build up, but it rumbles on with even more intensity than it did last night. A night like this and I am tempted to slope of to bed early with a good book. I say a good book, but is there such a thing as a bad book? We read to be entertained and to educate ourselves. A book that interests and excites one person will not another.

I have been read to or read since I was a little girl. Books were always important in our house, and as one of four children I used to cherise time alone with a book, away from the noise of brothers and sisters. I enjoy reading as much as I do writing, but do not have much time to read a book nowadays. Whereas books, magazines and newspapers were the only sources of reading before the internet, we now have many others. In the last two years I have spent most of my reading time following blogs and articles on the internet. These new reading materials have not only educated me but created friendships with people I have never met, and may never meet. I enjoy these interactions, but I think for tonight I will log off, go find a book of the paper form and enjoy turning the pages.

1 comment:

susie mallett said...

Have a good read Becky and thanks for all the good reads on your blog.

Good night

Susie