Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Luck and life's many paths

Some people would say that I was fortunate to be living in Brazil, experiencing what I am, and seeing breathtaking sights each day. Some people would say I am lucky and maybe I am, but I am also here because of the decisions I have made in life. These decisions have not always been easy to make, or without me having to give something up, but they were the right decisions and I can say I have no regrets. Some people would say we were given luck, but I believe we make it for ourselves and that our lives do not depend on luck, but the decisions we make and the paths we choose to take.

18 months ago I decided to say goodbye to my friends and family and board a plane, never knowing when I would return for good. I came to Brazil to observe its beauty, live its culture, speak its language and learn something about myself. 18 months on I have achieved all these things and more, and still my journey here continues. I now know I have at least one more year left following this path that I chose to take, and after that who knows where the next path will take me. Whatever happens I know it will not be determined by luck, but by me. We all have choices in life, we just need to be brave enough to take them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky, my name is Orsi and I'm also a conductor in Brazil. I like your blog and I thougt it would be nice to get to know you.
I have some questions for you. So could you please send me your email address? here is mine: tormaorsi@hotmail.com

All the best: Orsi

Becky Featherstone said...

Hi orsi, sorry for the late response, I tried to email you but would not send. I am glad you enjoyed the blog and would be happy to talk and answer any questions any time, my email is beckyfeatherstone@yahoo.com

Becky